The coronavirus pandemic has forced most of the world’s population to stay at home and practice self-isolation. If there are things you’ve been putting off for a long time because you’ve been too caught up with your daily grind, now is the chance to cross off items on your bucket list.
For single people, it appears that there’s never been a better time to search for potential matches. With your smartphone on one hand and your preferred beverage on the other, get ready to roll up your sleeves for all the dating opportunities that await you. Here are some dating dares to jump-start your quest for The One:
Dating Dare #1: Get a Little Help from Your Friends
It’s natural for singles to be hesitant in creating an online dating profile for the first time. Here are the most common excuses for delaying it:
- You keep saying you need to lose weight or get in shape first.
- You’re worried about your safety.
- You fear loneliness or feel desperate for being on a dating site.
- You think everyone lies on their dating profiles.
- You’re not ready for sexual intimacy.
- You’re afraid you’re too old for this.
If you fit the bill, perhaps you’re not yet ready to find love this way. During the quarantine period, though, you don’t need to overcome your dating fears completely—all you need is a little help from your friends.
Hit up a friend for help in setting up your profile and let your confidante do the work. This is an excellent way to spice up your hunt for Mr. or Ms. Right. Try it and see how it goes! Here are the most popular dating sites in the U.S. in 2019:
- Plenty of Fish
Dating Dare #2: Level Up Your Instagram Flirting Game
Getting Bae’s attention is as easy as 123 when you have an Instagram account. Here are some Instagram flirting rules to bear in mind as told by the dating experts at Daily Dot:
- On posting selfies: Let them know you’re sought-after by posting a selfie you know will earn many likes, but avoid self-deprecating, unfunny hashtags like #singlelife or #instagay.
- On liking their posts: Don’t run the risk of having a restraining order by liking a bunch of your crush’s photos in succession. Like only the recent photos and practice the art of thirsting responsibly.
- On commenting on someone’s posts: Be careful with your emoji use and remember that a well-timed comment is worth a thousand likes.
Do any of these and wait for the person to reciprocate. Once s/he starts noticing, level up your flirting game by sending them a private message. You got this!
Dating Dare #3: Sign Up for a Luxury Matchmaking Service
When flirting on social media is not your strong suit, let the experts do the work for you. Find dating and matchmaking services in Tampa and bid farewell to the often tedious and uneventful process of finding The One online.
Unlike online dating sites that rely on their algorithm and the data you give them, these professional matchmakers use their dating expertise and intuition to find your life partner, not just someone you’ll go on an unrewarding date with. With their pool of more than 20,000 elite singles from across the USA, you have a high chance of meeting what you’d love to call your kindred spirit.
Quarantine life will never be boring again once you try any of these dares. Just make sure to practice dating etiquette to avoid troubles down the road.