10 Creative Ways to Announce You’re Engaged
Congratulations on your engagement! Now you want to share your news with family and friends. Here are 10 fun ways to tell the world that you are getting married:
- Post a selfie of your hand showing off your engagement ring to your Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages.
- Send a Save-the-Date card to guests so that they will be sure to attend the big day.
- Visit a pick-your-own fruit orchard and take a photo of you and your partner in front of a sign that says, “I pick you.” Both of you should be pointing at each other. You can make that sign and bring it with you.
- At your next family gathering, whisper in the ear of a young niece or nephew who can’t keep a secret. Tell her or him that you are getting married.
- Host a party together and invite close family members and friends where you can spill the beans!
- At your party or just hanging out with friends wear a T-shirt printed with “The Future Mrs. (put the name of your soon-to-be spouse)” on it.
- Create a wedding website with details about the proposal, your wedding date, links to your bridal registry, and information about your wedding. Include a section of things to do in the area for out-of-town guests.
- Make a video about your engagement and post it on YouTube.
- Take a photo of the two of you with a poster with the words “I said Yes!” Post it on your social media pages.
- Be sure to tell your family first before sharing on Facebook and other social media. Call or visit your parents and tell them the old fashioned way—in person.